close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Solutions - EULA Update

Thread began 3/18/2010 4:18 pm by neilo | Last modified 4/21/2010 3:09 pm by neilo | 4942 views | 88 replies

yogastudents362523

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  We are now going back and working the new technology born from solutions back into the extensions.  

I see.

None of the previous functionality from the individual tools is going away.  

My concern was the opacity.

So it will get easier and not harder to use and understand our tools.  

Easy to use and easy to understand are not the same thing.

Yes you will have to buy Universal Email to get file upload, but now once you upload a file and want to email it, you won't need to purchase anything else.  

Yes, that is one way of looking at it.

We are trying to broaden our audience by making things easier.  

I can see that you are trying to broaden your audience. Only time -- and probably the character of these forums -- will tell.

I guess we do have a goal to make everyone successful who tries  

What I thought.

... that isn't limited to someone with the credentials to call themselves a "developer" by your standards,  

A "developer" by my standards is anyone who can do something I cannot do, which seems to be pretty much everyone on this forum. I'm working hard to improve my skills, however. Luckily, most people seem pretty tolerant of my ineptitude.

... but we have always said that our tools would teach people to be developers if they tried even if they weren't when they started... it sounds like it worked for you...  

I've been speaking up so you don't accidentally ruin it for people like me. You've probably forgotten -- I mean what it feels like -- how tough and powerless you feel to be confronted with a page of gibberish that you have no idea what anything means. Why put MORE gibberish on the page?

... may not have been painless,  

I am not looking to have NO pain. That would be ridiculous. But if you want to reel those people in, then there is no point in unnecessarily increasing the pain, either. The thought of one wizard in SuperSuite that suddenly does everything for you and you have no idea how it happened is a touch disconcerting. You touched one button in FileAssisst, you got just a few lines of code, and there was at least some hope that you might just understand it!!

... we may have made it easier to become a developer, but you still need to be one before you can accomplish everything you or your client might need.  

I've got no intention of taking on any clients. Just want to do my own site. I don't think anyone in their right mind will hire me for anything any time soon.

By the way ... do you understand the meaning of Saturday? Shouldn't you be outside away from the computer?!! Off you go now!!!
Bye.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...