close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Solutions - EULA Update

Thread began 3/18/2010 4:18 pm by neilo | Last modified 4/21/2010 3:09 pm by neilo | 4884 views | 88 replies

yogastudents362523

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Some developers use expression web, visual studio, or any number of development tools. Dreamweaver developers are not the only developers.  

That remark, along with the conversation you had with Office Guy, answered a question I popped back to ask. Now I think about it, so also does this remark answer the question I had in mind ...

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  The point... well the first point is that WA is not big enough to be a commodity. Nobody has heard of us other than a very small Dreamweaver crowd.  

Non-irrelevant context. I used to own Adobe's GoLive which they jettisoned for Dreamweaver. Nice programme, but I am now happy to do some of the things it would not let me do.

Even with Dreamweaver and all its power, and even with my as-yet limited capabilities, I am increasingly viewing it as little more than a sophisticated HTML Generator, which I then mess about with in a variety of ways in Code View. But Dreamweaver is an invaluable start.

So my question to you was going to be ... the way WebAssist is thinking, what is becoming its ultimate ambition, because it has to have one. Which candidate does it want to attract:
(a) the person who says ... "Hay! since I already own Dreamweaver, why not now buy some WebAssist stuff as well ('cause I can see it's really the best)"; or (b) the person who says ... "Hay! I really want that WebAssist stuff ('cause I can see it's really the best), so guess I'd better buy Dreamweaver".

But the above remarks you made to Office Guy have pretty much answered my question. I think it's pretty clear, now, that WebAssist has made a corporate decision to go after the non-Dreamweaver, non-developer crowd and reel them in.

Some developers are of the mindset that they won't go near Dreamweaver (or any other such programme) because it in their view produces 'clunky code'. They know enough HTML to do it all themselves.

So also, eventually, there'll be those who won't go near WebAssist products for much the same reason -- because they feel they can do it better for themselves. That is sure to get increasingly the case. I now have to buy Universal Email in order to get hold of FileAssist. WebAssist had decided to move increasingly in that direction. In order to get something basic done, you either go elsewhere to learn it, or buy a tool that has capabilities you don't really want to use.

All of that still leaves a wide open field. Lots of non-hand-coders buying Dreamweaver simply because it makes life easier ... and over time ... they can investigate menu options that previously meant nothing to them.

I wish WebAssist good luck with that. I have to say thanks, though, for the opportunity to learn much more about PHP, in such a structured and useful way, through your products. I think it'll get a lot harder for people like me the way you are going. But people always find ways.

You stay well now.
Bye.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...