close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Solutions - EULA Update

Thread began 3/18/2010 4:18 pm by neilo | Last modified 4/21/2010 3:09 pm by neilo | 4899 views | 88 replies

Ray BorduinWebAssist

A developer, even starting with the powerstore, can spend a lot of time customizing, writing copy, and doing graphics. Someone that owns our extensions or is proficient in php can do even more, adding customer management, events calendar, or any number of other features that may be important for some businesses.

I know that since I helped my cousin just last week sell 2 powerstore implementations for about $2,000 a piece. He will of course have to spend quite a bit of time doing logos, writing copy, uploading the catalog, signing up hosting, training, and even adding a bit of custom functionality to fit the business using some of our other extensions... and to be fair the deals aren't inked.

We walked into stores and made the pitch and were able to sell to 2 out of 3 of the stores we walked into. We stopped after just a couple of ours finding sales because we had enough work. They didn't think a store is a commodity. They were surprised we could give them what they need for such a low price after hearing quotes of 10 times that in the past. Now my nephew has plenty of work for the next couple of months to earn his check. I talked to the business owners and they were expecting a $10-$20K or more.

I explained to them that we were using a canned solution that sold for $300 to start and that is why they could get such a low price. I was up front and completely honest about what we could do and how we would do it.

The point... well the first point is that WA is not big enough to be a commodity. Nobody has heard of us other than a very small Dreamweaver crowd. Second, our small price point product is an OK finish point for some, but a great starting point for developers. Each business had their own ideas of how the store could be improved for the way they do business and we accomodated those enhancements into our proposals... there is a lot of value you can add to a powerstore.

The third point is that none of these store owners could have done it on thier own even if I gave them a disk with powerstore on it. They realize they need help and are willing to pay for it.

I agree we raised the bar in terms of what people can offer, and lowered the bar in terms of the skill it takes, but I think that has opened opportunity to sell to small businesses that couldn't afford a truly custom web site in the first place by giving them a price they can afford with plenty of room for developers to earn by adding value.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...