close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Do we have to wait for a shooting star?!

Thread began 1/20/2010 5:11 am by tone397472 | Last modified 9/11/2011 7:09 pm by tone397472 | 7403 views | 49 replies

yogastudents362523

Originally Said By: tone397472
  I bought Form Builder and the "Dynamic Suite" and are still looking for a proper explanation of the different extensions working together in a project. I don't need a lesson in Dynamic Websites, testing servers, PHP, MySQL & JavaScript, because I manage that without a problem.  

Hi Tone, Let us be completely clear that I do agree with you that better documentation is needed. The issue is ... what? .... how?

I had assumed -- but judging from what you say, probably incorrectly -- that my own inability to get WebAssist products to coordinate was down to my own ignorance in Dynamic Websites, PHP, etc. I must be wrong on that.

Like you, I do not consider myself lacking in intelligence. I just needed some guidance in possibilities.

I have got that guidance from some specifics. At the time I bought each of Contact Solution, UserRegistration, and PowerCMS, I could not have developed those things for myself because I could not see the possibilities. They each helped me in (a) background knowledge and (b) the possibilities of these products.

You are now saying that (a) is not your problem. If so, then why did not Contact Solution help you with (b), i.e. seeing the possibiilities of these products?

I have not bothered to buy PowerStore. I have read through the specs, and with the tools and materials I have already purchased, I now cannot see what PowerStore is supposed to achieve for me that I cannot now eventually do for myself using eCart and the other tools I now possess. I honestly now can't see why I need PowerStore, and that is because the Solutions I bought and studied gave me what I needed, which is (a) knowledge the basics such as PHP; and (b) practical things to do that the tools are good for.

So ... it seems to me ... that if you want to know what these tools are good for, then just from the specs what PowerStore and PowerCMS are doing, you should be able to figure things out for yourself, because those solutions are specific examples of various aspects of the WebAssist product line that you already own. They are being brought together to achieve specific purposes in a way I would imagine you want to see demonstrated.

To be frank and honest, I recently had a problem with selling high ticket items in which I wanted people to be able to pay distributing their purchase across two credit cards, if they wanted. I remembered seeing that done on the Dell site to purchase computers. So I went to Dell.com, pretended to buy a computer, and waited until it gave me the option to use two credit cards. Then I sat back and said to myself ... how did they do that? I have nowq developed my own method. I have not yet posted it live on my site because I want to test it over and over again to be sure.

But my point is ... if you really DO know all about Dynamic Websites, testing servers, PHP, MySQL & JavaScript without any problem (and I don't) then surely, the problem is pretty much solved, because all you need to do is to envision what you want and get going. You need to put data in a database, I wonder if DataAssist will do that (that's what it's called, after all) -- done. Etc.

So ... granted that we are all in agreement here that Documentation needs improving, what is it exactly that you want WebAssist to try to achieve, if for example ContactSolution and so forth are not doing it?

I myself have been pretty clear in the direction I feel things should go. I have said ... use those products to educate people in the background of PHP etc by letting them work through "jobs". I thought ContactSolution was a fairly good example of a "job". SecurityAssist's automatically generated web pages have also taught me a great deal by studying them.

You, however, are saying, that is not what you want.

What DO you want, because I am obviously missing the point you are making? How can this demonstration of integration be demonstrated and achieved? And ... if I am missing your point, then I am pretty sure WebAssist is too.

I do hope I am not being an ignoramus in not quite having got your point, and hope you will forgive and excuse if I am.

You stay well now.
Bye.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...