I just get a little tired when people make a bunch of assumptions and point the finger at everyone else. Let's clear some things up:
- "You guys used to have much better support than this" - If you read the Hours & Policy at the top of the forum you will see that WA is closed. I'm just a volunteer.
- "DataAssist is very slow" - They have no control over how you setup your network.
- "This is the only way it will work" - This is a statement not a question. You are working with the assumption that are no other ways.
- "It usually involves some sort of bug with versions of your extensions." - Many of the problems in the forums come from a lack of understanding of basic concepts of dynamic development.
- "Check my support ticket history" - Not only do I have no way of doing this, I could care less.
Read through your responses and see if you find anything that would make someone want to give up their free time. I merely pointed out that the fewer steps you force the OS to go through, the faster it preforms. You pointed out that mapping was the only way to go. To each his own.
10 Tips for getting quick help from a support forum