close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Customer Satisfaction Poll - Customers Only Please

Thread began 3/01/2010 9:13 pm by editor400940 | Last modified 3/06/2010 11:14 pm by editor400940 | 3135 views | 28 replies

balexander389215

It was a tough decision for me to invest in the Web Assist products due to my financial situation at this time but I’m glad I did make the choice. I agree with many of the posts I’ve seen, in that the learning curve is quite steep, made more so by what I feel is a lack of in-depth documentation. (On more than one occasion I wanted to sit down and write out some proper manuals.) In fact if it weren’t for these forums I would be very unhappy, but I have been able to figure out almost all of my problems here, some through research and some through asking. It’s only with Power Store 3 that I have hit a bit of a wall. On the whole I have found the support staff to be fairly quick and efficient at helping me/us out. I dare say that a few of my problems have been due to my own ID ten Tee errors, still no one laughed at me, (at least out loud) and support, and other members, were more than helpful in getting me up to speed.

After spending a couple of weeks trying to set up Power Store 3 for a store of almost 6000 items I’ve almost come to the conclusion that it is not really designed for large stores and doesn’t have many of the features I want. My impression is that for a smaller store with maximum a few hundred products and no need of any advanced features it might be a very good product. But then since I couldn’t get past importing everything I didn’t get a chance to experience the problems many of the others have complained of. The alternate store I’m considering (not fully decided yet) has tons of documentation, well over 1000 pages. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much, try to find that one item you need in all that. :-) And even with all that documentation customization is very difficult. Add to that the fact that support is not free and I expect that if one encountered problems with installation and set up or anything else it would turn out to be a very expensive product indeed. Still for a store with multiple thousand products, the need for digital goods, and affiliation ability, Power Store is just not ready. (I’m looking forward to Power Store 4.)

On the other side, for all the issues I’ve seen I’ve also seen the Web Assist people working diligently to help solve those problems. That is worth a great deal.

I’m generally satisfied with Web Assist. I agree with the concerns that the products are not as user friendly as the marketing literature would imply and for someone with little or no web experience that can be a headache. And not to beat a dead horse, documentation is sparse. (Hey WA, I’m available if you want to hire someone to turn your 5 page, confusing drafts into 50 page comprehensive installation and set up manuals for each product.) :-) On the other hand Web Assist appears to be willing to work with anyone to help them overcome their issues and get the products working. I’m impressed with the level of knowledge of the support staff and there is a great community of people willing to pitch in and help out.

Brian.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...