close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Do we have to wait for a shooting star?!

Thread began 1/20/2010 5:11 am by tone397472 | Last modified 9/11/2011 7:09 pm by tone397472 | 7805 views | 49 replies

yogastudents362523

Originally Said By: Office Guy-172461
  Hey yogastudents,

I wasn't even thinking of what you wrote when I first replied.  

That's what my friend implied. I am not used to these electronic forums. Since I had contributed the vast bulk of what had been said in this thread, I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Apologies. Sincerely.

I think we are pretty much in agreement. We are both trying to make things better.  

I think WebAssist could help itself with a slight change in direction on its documentation -- by realizing that the nature of the technological world is making the learning curve steeper as time goes on.

Hard work is the key. ... Anything worth learning is going to take some work.  

I agree.

I get a little tired of hearing people complain about learning tools, when we had to make our own tools when I started.  

I understand. Sometimes, though, sheer ignorance is the culprit. Skilled people always make something look easy, and it isn't until you settle down to try it yourself that you realize that just because a thing LOOKS easy, doesn't mean it is.

It's the entitlement attitude that gets to me.  

See above!!!

I'm working on putting together some other training methods now  

Sounds VERY interesting. Let me know when you need me to send you a few dollars to purchase the results!!

In the mean time, make use of what's available now  

I do my best, but it's frightening stuff. I for example made a deliberate choice not to learn anything about JavaScript simply because there was so little time. I don't know if that is wise, but I'm sticking to it for now. There just isn't enough time. I don't do this for a living. But you do that, and then you see things called AJAX and Spry which give you the feeling that everything is running away from you.

You sit there trying to get your head round style sheets and descendent selectors all the time knowing that XML and XSL Transforms are laughing at you, just sitting waiting to gobble you up for breakfast.

I spent nearly six hours yesterday trying to figure out how to make a log in page retain all its information when you came back to it if a potential registrant had tried to use a user email address that was already taken. I wanted to go from Page A to Page B to display an error message, and then have them hit the back button so that they could go back to Page A, with all the fields still intact. I couldn't manage it, and instead had to go with a conditional field that only showed itself on failure, with a whole load of $_GETS filling up a URL which could then repopulate the form. I'm sure there's an elegant and better way, but it's working.

... and keep the positive attitude.  

You too.

It makes a world of difference.  

I agree.

Everyone has a choice of learning or expressing anger. One gets you there and one sets you back.  

Yes. I shall do my best never to misunderstand you again. I'm afraig it's all I can offer to you. Thank you for your kindness and you stay well now.

By the way ... how do I get rid of that 'junior member' that shows itself by my name? My eyes are starting to fail and all that ... so ... I don't FEEL very junior these days!! Just kidding!!! I should regard it as a bonus that someone thinks of me that way!!!!!!!!

You again all stay well now.
Bye.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...