close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Customer Satisfaction Poll - Customers Only Please

Thread began 3/01/2010 9:13 pm by editor400940 | Last modified 3/06/2010 11:14 pm by editor400940 | 3084 views | 28 replies

anonymous

Originally Said By: carlene
  Wow. I'm appalled at your response to your customer's dissatisfaction with your products. Your company has been slipping in the last year. I'm assuming there's some new management on board or something.

And if you guys can't handle the public comments/polls that your customers are making on your "support" forums, then perhaps your only tech support shouldn't be so public? What - are you afraid that our polls and comments are hurting sales. WELL GOOD - it should be.

Your products come so close to being such amazing timesavers. That's why we're so frustrated. Your marketing people sell them so well - and then the reality and the documentation that comes with these products are inferior - and it ends up taking us longer on the site than if we'd hand coded it.

What is the most frustrating is that basic, basic vital pieces of information are left out - and then when our sites don't work we go onto this forum and are told "Oh - that doesn't work that way - or this must be that & so on." The KEY would be to tell the customer in a FAQ or Help doc so that they could decide if the software would work for them. But to find out after we've bought it and are attempting to use it, well, you can see why we're frustrated. But I guess sales are all Web Assist cares about - not product support!  

Much of this rant is not factual.

If WebAssist doesn't care about support as stated in the last line -- then why are they on here everyday personally helping out their customers? You have owners, engineers, product development teams, and sales who ALL personally respond to problems.

When was the last time Adobe did that to use a reference of yours from another post? They have plenty of bugs, too, and they don't personally help with anything. Try getting support for Adobe Fireworks CS4 - which is the graphics choice for web comps and layouts for web pros ... Guess what? The program has been dismal in the latest release and there is no support for those issues... all you can do is wait for a new dot release or CS5.

Let's see, you claim the company has been slipping. What is this based on? Because you certainly do not personally know all of the people that have purchased their products over the years and who out of them is unsatisfied versus the great many that are completely satisfied. Are you, somehow, privy to the company's balance sheets and sales revenues? You have no basis for such a statement.

I have no problem with people having complaints, but stark generalizations are unproductive to everyone involved. You have provided zero specifics or direction - your statements are broad strokes like "all your documentation is no good." These are just not true statements. Have you even read all of the available documentation for each product? It also discredits the many who have been helped by the available documentation.

Do you even have a specific issue?

What is it?

There are plenty of people that will help get it fixed - including people like me who don't get paid a single dime. We just offer our time to help other web developers. But when you fill up the forums with nonsense, it makes folks like myself not want to come here and offer our time.

I am by no means saying every WebAssist product comes of the shelf in perfect condition. I have had issues in the past, myself.

But I have specifically reported those issues and the WebAssist team has gotten with me usually within one business day to figure what was going on and what I could do to get back to operating.

And many times, that has been one on one phone support. That's pretty amazing when you wouldn't get another software company to offer you that kind of attention. Ray, himself, has called to walk me though steps to fix any serious issues at time. I applaud Ray and his staff as actually some of the MOST caring people when it comes to customer support.

I'm done with this thread now. If you have a specific issue - post it - and we'll all help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...