close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Do we have to wait for a shooting star?!

Thread began 1/20/2010 5:11 am by tone397472 | Last modified 9/11/2011 7:09 pm by tone397472 | 7839 views | 49 replies

yogastudents362523

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  our entire team is devoted to your success.  

If I had thought otherwise, I would not have wasted my time with my other posts.

Originally Said By: dennis372614
  I too bought the entire Suite at $900.00 and have yet to be able to use it all, ... My biggest complaint is Web Assist has done a superb job on marketing ... but then the documentation is misleading, My main plan was to buy ECart to develop ecommerce sites, well, You really should caution "Unless you had prior PHP, MySql, development and training your going to have to learn this before diving into using Ecart! ... So now, I have decided. to start learning PHP and MySql.  

Originally Said By: rlhouck314266
  I too have had the software for 2 years and have yet to use it fully ... why should I invest more money in other extensions thinking they will simplify things when in truth I will be purchasing other items I cannot use... yes, if I used this software day in and day out like they do, it would be easy to create websites.  

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  ... But we do hire people that already understand php and mySQL, and have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, which is probably the biggest stumbling block for new users like you.  

Enough said, I think!!!!

Glad others have joined in on this thread. My basic point remains ... there is no harm in "being forced to learn" PHP and MySQL in order to make the most of WebAssist products. But if that is what is required, then WebAssist should make it clear. I don't think it will diminish sales.

I for example gritted my teeth and went out and bought Zend Studio just so I could decode and reverse engineer what WebAssist products were doing, and pick up mistakes I was making as I was building my own sites. WebAssist could in fact use its own products to give a clearer idea what its products are capable of, and so have made my purchase of Zend Studio unnecessary.

The reality is that I have been able to use WebAssist products as a spur and incentive to go from zero to a complete commercial and working site, along with registration system, purchasing of discounted products, differential style sheets per page and so on and so forth. That is a credit to WebAssist. But ... I am sure that WebAssist did not have it in mind that I should spend a few hundred bucks on someone else's products just so I could learn to use its own. What on EARTH is the point of that? Why not organize things here so that I spend that money here at WebAssist? Crazy, if you ask me. With a little bit of extra work on your part, the money I spent over at Zend and elsewhere I would have spent here. Think of the money, people. !!!

Bye again.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...