No Payment Gateway Quick Fix Work Around
I just got eCart5 today and I to ran into this same problem of having PayPal still showing up when I select no payment gateway. However, after a few hours of playing around with the Checkout Wizard, I discovered a quick fix workaround to get the no payment gateway to work.
1. Click on the eCart5 Checkout Wizard.
2. On the Set-up credit card processing page: Select Accept Credit Cards and click next
3. On the Choose a solution to accept Credit Cards page: Select I prefer a payment gateway that works with my existing internet merchant account and click on the back button.
4. Now we are back once again on the Set-up credit card processing page: Select no payment gateway and select next
5. Now Complete the Checkout Wizard as normal and you will not see PayPal.
FYI - I am using Windows Vista with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
I hope this helps while they work on a permanent fix for the no payment bug!!!!