close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

How do I add options to products

Thread began 2/08/2010 5:10 pm by crispin | Last modified 2/16/2010 5:01 pm by crispin | 2382 views | 12 replies

JLK

Further questions

Jason,
Let me jump in here as ask some further questions about this code/option functionality. I attempted to use the table structure in the code you supplied on Feb 9, in this thread, but my products have at least two options. This doesn't seem to be a problem for Crispin, but I can't figure it out. It seems to me that if the options for a product are going to be identified by an optionID and two are needed, then those options would need to be identified in their own way (as opposed to have 2 different optionIDs for a productID - or is this what you are suggesting?). What I had done instead of naming the tables that carry the options "options", I had named them size and color and those IDs are included in the products table, along with price and weight. Will the way I have my product table work or do I need to add 2 optionIDs to a product?

As for price, if the productID (not to size/color level) was equivalent to $0, then the productOptionID could be equivelant to the actual price of the product at a size color level, right? I wouldn't have to say that the smallest size of a product is $10 and that a productOption of a larger size was that price plus $5, would I? (I wouldn't know how to do that anyway)

I appreciate your publishing this code, but could I ask you to supply the code and details for products that have more than one option?

Please include as many details in the code that will be needed, including table structure, parameters and PHP code ( as I don't know PHP - I bought eCart to use with CF and MySQL, only to find out these are not supported).

I sure wish this functionality was included in the Add to Cart wizard.
I hope you can help, otherwise, how am I going to be able to move forward with using eCart, not being php trained?
thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...