close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problem refreshing <div class="addToCart"> in Products_Detail.php

Thread began 1/20/2010 6:10 am by davas56386677 | Last modified 2/17/2010 8:33 pm by davas56386677 | 2584 views | 14 replies

davas56386677

Hi Dani,

YES the é is correctly displayed in the front end so as in the order page. I made all these testing and do only encounter the problem within DWC and in the receipt.php generated email.

I encountered this problem already in december and reported in DynamicWbeChart forum.

As I told you, it works fine if I change all meta tags to charset=ISO-8859-1, But then I encounter a problem with Products_Detail options and values. The script used to refresh either the option or the value translates the é as &#65533;. Jason tried with a fresh install and told me it worked fine. So I also made a fresh install (UTF-8) and used the same MySQL config as Jason is running on your servers. And the result was perfect. So I started to revert my testing site from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 and changed my MySQL config to the one Jason is running. Everything runs smoothly except the WDC and the mail sent by receipt.php.

When looking into the ProductName field in Products table the word Société is stored as Société using charset=UTF-8 and configuring MySQL as follows:
Server Character Set: latin1
Client Character Set: utf-8
Database Character Set: latin1
Table Collation: latin1_Swedish_ci
Varchar collation: latin1_Swedish_ci
Connection collation: latin1_Swedish_ci

When you look at the word displayed in DWC you see that it is displayed as Société (instead as Société) but only because I use <?php echo "<" . "?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\" ?".">"; ?><!DOCTYPE wa_dwc SYSTEM "wa_dwc.dtd"> instead of <?php echo "<" . "?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\" ?".">"; ?><!DOCTYPE wa_dwc SYSTEM "wa_dwc.dtd"> (that blocks the chart building as shon in the JPGs attached in my previous post).

Now if I use charset=ISO-8859-1 throughout all PHP files, I solved all my troubles EXCEPT the one in Products_Detail.php where the script used to refresh displayed the é as &#65533;.

So when you think having solved your troubles than a new one appears. That's frustrating.

I'm still convinced that it is matter inside the code of Powerstore where somewhere a decoding-encoding happens that i'm unable to trace back.

Only your development team might help in trying to reproduce my environment and Jason's one. If needed I could send the files or a link to my testing site so that they can have close look to it.

Let me know

Dan

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...