close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Step 2 fails

Thread began 2/08/2010 5:38 am by esms | Last modified 2/11/2010 3:16 pm by esms | 2483 views | 21 replies

esmsBeta Tester

Hello All,

Thought I'd give this another try. WA recommend using 1+1 for hosting. I've looked at the 1+1.co.uk but obviously I need to ensure that they provide Create View privs as per WA's updated Sys Reqs.

123-reg told me I would have to use a VPS host rather than shared.

However, I've noticed WA state on the PS3 page link to using a host:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is a solution where you are sharing computing resources for your website with other websites. This type of solution typically runs from $5-$50/month and requires a higher level of expertise to maintain and configure. If you are a small business running an application or small eCommerce website, then this is the right choice for you. Most of WebAssist’s customers that have created websites with our Dreamweaver extensions such as SiteAssist Professional, eCart or PowerStore choose this level of hosting. At WebAssist, we’ve been able to use this type of hosting for most of the websites created with our products, see our PowerStore demo for an example.

Shared hosting gives you much better access to customize and control your site and typically include server-side scripting and database functionality as part of the monthly fee. Another bonus is that there is often support included for basic needs such as rebooting your server or installing security updates to the operating system. There are plenty of solutions out there: 1and1 (www.1and1.com), GoDaddy (www.godaddy.com) and Hostway (www.hostway.com) all offer a wide variety of plans and feature
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my problem appears to still be a lottery in terms of what plan to buy. To explain, a trip to 1+1.co.uk throws up the follwing:
Hosting;jsessionid=870A70A68D0E9A85579E40FD4D36C359.TCpfix153b?__frame=_top&__lf=Static&linkId=hd.tab.linuxhosting&linkType=txt&linkOrigin=MsHosting

But, there doesn't appear to be any information regarding the now necessary Create View privs.

Anyone used 1+1 in the UK with PS3 and, if so, which package works?

Cheers

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...