close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Where to begin?

Thread began 11/17/2009 8:05 pm by nickj | Last modified 1/31/2010 8:45 am by nickj | 7310 views | 59 replies

esmsBeta Tester

FIRST POST:
I express my opinion that I won't buy any more WA programs (like Power CMS / Powegallery / Ecart etc) that don't have a video tutorial SPECIFIC to the program. To repeat, I am more than happy to pay for this as an additional cost because I know it takes time and resources.

I realise my decision won't make the slightest difference to WA's revenue stream, but it's my opinion - that's all. Therefore, I'm not looking for directions to READ a variety of other sources. I prefer not to work that way.

I receive an immediate sarcastic response from another user.

SECOND POST:
I suggest that person re-reads my post for accuracy of my point.

I receive an insult from the same user saying I have a chip on my shoulder!!!!!

Remember, I commented on my decision not to buy any further WA progs without SPECIFIC video tutorials. That's my choice. This does not mean I won't carry on using the other 15 - 20 WA progs I own. This is my right.

I praise those users who are taking the time to create specific video tutorials.

I politely suggest that the other sarcastic / insulting user does not post again until he learns manners. I do not care that he thinks he has helped either 1 or 1 million other users like himself and myself. All I see is his insulting and rude attitude to me.

I have watched the advert movies that WA use to promote their latest products where they very quickly skirt over specific set up steps by saying things like 'once you have set up the database etc'.....

This is too vague for me. I'm sorry that the specific user thinks this is too simple for his level of knowledge and that 'it's not difficult to watch (other generic) movies'. To repeat, that's not what I wish for.

The same user states it takes time and resources for WA to make these tutorials. At no point did I ask him to make them!!!

I visit/use up to 10 forums a week and if someone is sarcastic and rude like this user, it is suggested s/he does not post again until manners are learned regardless of their belief that they can do no wrong.

Finally, I look forward to other users here producing SPECIFIC video tutorials for these programs and have my credit card in my hand ready to pay them for their work.

If the rude user does not like my opinions/decisions that's absolutley his right. What is not his right is to immediately be rude and sarcastic. If he doesn't like my opinion / decision, just don't comment

It's no more difficult than that.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...