View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

installation help for power store

Thread began 1/10/2010 2:51 am by michaelgreen252387183 | Last modified 1/13/2010 1:33 am by michaelgreen252387183 | 5622 views | 22 replies

neilo

Hiya Michael,

Don't worry about the questions!

I think that, as all you really need to do is to ensure that you have a clean copy of the folders and files uploaded to your remote server, we should leave the testing server out of the equation for now; once everything is online, you can do all the admin and getting the store properly running from there (the admin pages).

Everything looks fine in your localhost.php and WA_Globals files, and someone will mention it if they're not - easy to correct, but they look right.

The only bit I get confused with is when you say "my site in dreamweaver . . . . and drop all files in file window again". I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. When you define the local site, Dreamweaver will recognise the files and folders as being in the local site root and display them - not sure if that's what you mean.

But for now:

1. From 'My Computer' or 'Windows Explorer' navigate on your Hard Drive (C:\) to: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ and inside the folder 'wwwroot ' create a new folder caller 'PowerStore'.
[Note: It doesn't need to be here, but it's good practice to put it there, because when you are eventually using your testing server that's where the testing server files and folders will need to be.]

2. Copy all of the files and folders from within your 'PowerStore200' freshly downloaded folder. The download comes as a zip file, - you will need to unzip it to a folder and then copy the contents of that folder in to your newly created folder in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PowerStore200\ .
3. Once you have done that, open Dreamweaver. Don't open any pages, but for now just create a new site (Dreamweaver Menu > Site > Manage Sites > New > Site) .

4. Select the 'Advanced' Tab, and under 'Category' select 'Local Info' .

5. On the right, under 'Site Name' just call it 'PowerStore'.

6. For 'Local root folder' type (or copy and Paste) 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PowerStore\'

7. You don't need to enter an 'Images' folder. Set 'Links relative to': 'Document'

8. Next, under 'Category' (on the left) select 'Remote Info', and on the right again, for 'Access', select 'FTP'

[Sorry about the step by step, it's just so that we have the exact same set-up, - makes it easier to know where we are!]

9.FTP Host: Enter the info (something like ftp.yoursite.com)

10. Host Directory: The one you did before (public_html/ ?)

11.Your Login and Password, as before. Test the connection.

12. Click OK, and in the small 'Manage Sites' window, 'Done'

What should now happen (!) is that Dreamweaver will start creating the cache - and in a couple of seconds, your list of files and folders should appear in the 'Files' panel (if you can't see the panel, click F8 on your keyboard).

Post back when you have done that, with ether success or a note of when things seemed to not go quite to plan.

It's 7.10am here and I'm off to bed!

Cheers

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...