Sorry for the delay.
Jimmy, per my last comment on the support ticket I stated that "i think" I got it figured out and that more than likely it's probably not the correct fix and only a temp bandaid. I was actually hoping that you would dig in a little deeper to see what I actually did and verify ;-)
Anyhow, after MANY attempts over the weekend of deleting pages and trying over with no conclusion I got the idea to use the Spry validation on the text box on the search page that REQUIRED a correctly formated eMail address prior to letting the visitor click on the search button and of course I added the aboved referranced WHERE 0 = 1 statment on the results page.
Again, I don't see why the extra step would be needed to make this extension work, but it does seem to be working the way I need it to now.