View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Two menus per page; one same and one varies by page

Thread began 12/08/2009 8:55 pm by vics388129 | Last modified 12/11/2009 4:13 pm by vics388129 | 1005 views | 9 replies

Hi Victor,

Sorry if I was unclear in my last post. It's fine to have two CSSMenus on the same page, and your plan for the 1 x horizontal and 1 vertical is a sound idea.

What I was getting at before, is that you had the page pointing to each cssmw item (cssmw0 and cssmw8) in more than one location. I believe that this was what was causing you to have varying results in the way the menus looked (e.g the bold / normal text).

When you create a menu with CSSMenuWriter, it will create one stylesheet and one javascript file for each menu. If you have more than one of these items with the same names but in a different directory, and have the page refer to those also, then it is easy to lose track of which stylesheet you are referring to!

All that needed to happen with your page was to remove the references to the duplicate css files. There was nothing wrong with having the vertical menu the way you had it, you were on the right track, - there was just a little confusion about the stylesheets.

If I was unclear, I apologise. If you need any more help with this, post back.

Edit: Just to add to that, - as your top horizontal menu will be the same on each page, you will only need to have created this the one time. For the vertical menu, this will (I take it) be different on each page. As long as you don't change the directory structure of your site, these vertical menus will create new menu include pages (cssmw/menu.php, cssmw0/menu.php, cssmw1/menu.php etc.), and you can use the same CSSMenuWriter style preset for each one.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Ease of use

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...