Thanks for the clarification on the API/WA username correlation. The directions I tried to use are on page 2 of this document: paypal_sandbox.pdf.
I found a clear set of instructions that read like this:
1. Login to developer.paypal.com
2. Click on 'Test Accounts' in menu on the left
3. Select radio button of your business account and then click on 'Enter Sandbox Test Site'
4. New window opens, you need to type in password of your test account
5. When administration page shows, click on Profile link
6. Click on API access link
7. View API Certificate or Request API Certificate
After following this advice, I was able to sort out my API sandbox credentials. I have tried three versions of newly-created credentials and have even tried to use the live credentials with penny-transactions - all to no avail. Here are the steps I follow to get as far as I do. As you hear often, I'm experiencing some pressure to get this site launched - but cannot do so until PayPal is sorted out...
1. I enter the site (cleared cache/cookies, etc)
2. I add a product to the cart (this problem occurs both as a registered and unregistered customer)
3. I press CHECKOUT; then I press the PAY WITH PAYPAL button.
4. I'm asked to sign in to my buyer sandbox paypal account - success
5. I see a review page and then a CONTINUE button - which then fails and brings me back to my page - but it's the checkout_failure.php page, not the pp_checkout_failure.php - which seems odd to me.
6. The info I receive is not that useful but I've pasted it below here:
Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed
Please return to checkout and try again.
[seller API username][seller API password][seller API signature]2.200.02http://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_confirm.phphttp://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_cancel.phpAuthorization[seller API signature]2009-12-06T19:46:58ZSuccessd9d9a8cc77a032.201105502EC-4BY1648761560392J[seller API username][seller API password][seller API signature]2.20EC-4BY1648761560392J
Paypal Full Response : [there is no information shown here]
USPS Full Request :
USPS Full Response :
My WA_Globals.php settings are:
$WAGLOBAL_Gateway = 1; //Enter the appropriate value based on the above key. PayPal is specified by default.
$WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode = false; //Set to true if you are testing your shopping cart and do not want to send information to your payment gateway.
//Only complete the payment gateway options for the gateway you have selected to use in the $WAGLOBAL_Gateway setting.
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Sandbox = "true"; //Set to true if you wish to use the PayPal Sandbox for testing transactions.
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_User = "**APIUsername**";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Password = "**APIPassword**";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature = "**Signature**";
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_Sandbox = "true"; //Set to true if you wish to use the Authorize.net Sandbox for testing transactions.
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_login = "";
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_tran_key = "";