Here are a few things to check:
1) Is Universal Email triggering? - Have you set a page to redirect to after the email is sent? Are you redirected to that page?
2) Are there other server behaviors on the page that are also set to redirect? If so remove the redirects from those other server behaviors, they are redirecting before universal email can send.
3) Your trigger is set for currant page submit. Is the method of the form on the page set to post?
4) is the action left blank so the form will post to itself?
<form name="form1" action="" method="post">
5) In universal email, leave the from Display name blank, on some servers, entering a from display name will cause the email not to be sent.
If you are still not having any luck, contact the host to check if they support sending emails using the PHP mail() function. If they do, ask for a sample script. If not, ask if they support Pear Mail using SMTP.
Neilo, your Universal Email code and the "$WAGLOBAL_Email_Server" variable are from the Contact Form solution pack. In the contact form solution pack, the email server and the To address are set in the WA_Globals file using the "$WAGLOBAL_Email_Server" and "$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_To" variables.
In Universal Email, those variables are set directly in the Universal Email interface.