View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Replacement for ADDT Dynamic Lists

Thread began 9/13/2009 11:45 pm by lee266802 | Last modified 1/11/2010 10:02 am by lee266802 | 3610 views | 15 replies

tom113673

Interface Persistence

I would be surprised if this hasn't been mentioned (but I can't find any reference to it), but a hugely time-saving feature when creating Interakt/ADDT dynamic lists is 'Interface Persistence'.

ADDT lists are 're-entrant' (unlike DataAssist) if that's the term, but sometimes it is just as quick to start from scratch, because all the settings (display names, field types, field selection etc.) are saved. With DA it's more likely you will want to start from scratch (the only alternative is to edit manually) but if you do, you are _really_ starting from scratch, repeating all the steps and selections you have already made. With ADDT, recreating a pair of master-detail files, including all the extra features (sorting, validation etc.), can take a few seconds. The process is incomparably quicker with ADDT. Having said that, there are aspects of DataAssist I prefer and I am sure the WA developers can come up with something very good. It's a pity few people saw the Kollection 4 preview - that raised the possibilities to quite another level but I would be happy to have something close to version 3.

I haven't used DataAssist much. If there are some basic features I've overlooked in relation to the above, I would be grateful for any tips.

Tom

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...