View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Help... DFP Update not working

Thread began 11/10/2009 11:57 am by mrs | Last modified 11/12/2009 7:40 pm by mrs | 2832 views | 11 replies

mrs

As I have already said, in the Upload Files server behaviour, I have tried binding the default file field to mainimage in the WADAUpdateForm, and I have also tried binding to mainimage in the recordset, but it doesn't work! I have even decided to show the hidden field, and it is populating with the db info, but that info is not passing as the default info if I choose not to upload a new image.

What is odd is that every time I double click the WADA Upload Files server behaviour, the default file field is blank. It just doesn't seem to hold the info at all. I have attached a screen shot for you. In the shot you can see the blank default field and what I am trying to bind to in this instance, which is the mainimage from WADAUpdate Form.

I have sat and followed the video time and time again, but if I am doing something wrong, then I can't see where.

I have used DFPv1 without any trouble like this in the past, but no matter what I seem to try with DFPv2, I can't beat this.

Just to let you know, I am on a Mac running snow leopard and DWCS4. I am also adding content to your PowerCMS by using the supplied admin template. When I tried adding DFPv2 to a page produced from your template and a Data Assist insert page, DW told me that changes were happening outside of editable areas so the changes would be discarded. I had to detach the insert page from the template in order for the changes to stick. However, I am not getting any error message on the update page when I insert DFPv2 and I have detached it from the PowerCMS template just incase, but it still isn't retaining the default field info when I double click the server behaviour.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...