Thanks for the replies. My Mac is not quite as fast but it's close.
I only have a single processor (2.8) but it's a Quad-Core.
It might be my memory but I do have 4 Gigs now. I planned on upgrading to 8 anyway so I'll try that.
Some of the stuff that's usually running in the background besides my bluetooth would be Safari, Wacom tablet driver, 1PasswordAgent, Logitech Control Center and a few other things I see in Activity Monitor that I have know clue about. I'll investigate them and see if shutting any of them down will help.
This issue has been getting worse as my project evolves. It use to be only within the Results.php page but now the smaller _Update.php and _Insert.php pages are doing it. It's a real mood cruncher because the more I learn WA products and PHP, the more excited I am to set down and create applications. Then I get hit with the constant pauses.
I've tried changing my testing server from my local MAMP setup, to using the remote server and back again. It makes no difference.
I really bet it's something I have configured wrong. There was a setting a while back that I didn't know about where you can tell DW not to update external links all the time. I think that's correct, anyway that made a huge improvement in other stuff I was doing. So with this issue, I just keep looking for something like that. I never use "synchronization" so I wonder if unchecking the "Maintain sync information" will help. I'll try that too.
My Mac flies through heavy Photoshop processes and filters like it was nothing. But DW brings it to it's knees sometimes.
Thanks for any other thoughts.