1. PowerStore 2 does come pre-built
2. You do have to know how to edit a text file to enter your host information
3. You do have to have access to a mySQL database and PHP (your host can help here)
4. If you have never used PHP or mySQL before, you will have to be able to follow instructions
5. There are plenty of free resources to teach you how to do this
6. There are plenty of people (WA and customers) to help you, even on weekends and holidays
7. People need to be able to evaluate their skills to determine if web design is within their abilities
8. The more experience you have in PHP, the more you can customize PowerStore
9. PowerStore is beneficial to those that don't want to do a lot of coding as well as a huge time saver for those with more experience.
Do you have to know how to use full stops? Anyway, joking aside, I'm sure things will improve in the future.