close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

separate from addresses with third party mail service

Thread began 6/18/2020 9:55 am by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 8/17/2020 10:13 am by yogastudents362523 | 190 views | 28 replies

yogastudents362523

Hi,

I have now tested this every which way and more, and it seems to be working.
The issue was entirely on their side, as you will have suspected.

They had themselves told me to set the setting they referred to in the way I did.
And then when I brought up this further issue, rather than looking more closely, they tried to blame me (us) I think on the assumption that I had recently switched to PHP 7.x

Both the senior support agents I dealt with then seemed to believe that all they had to do was the test emails you established and that I directed them to was to use some form of default value garnered simply by loading the page. They did not seem to realize that they actually had to get their hands dirty and enter some input values!! Amazing.

And as soon as they entered some input values and got the SMTP debug information, it of course became as clear as daylight to them what was happening, and I have adjusted the self-same setting they originally told me to adjust.

As above, all testing that I have done has achieved the result we want, and I believe this is now fixed.

However, I am telling the email server people that it is not to be regarded as fixed until such time as I have done a mailing to my list. Just so they keep the ticket open for a couple of weeks.

The only issue that MIGHT come up is when I do such a real mailing to my mailing list. I really do not think that that is going to affect anything. I therefore think we can regard this matter as concluded.

If there is indeed some issue when I do a full mailing, I will start a new ticket with you simply because it will be easier, and we will both know what to focus on.

Thank you very much for your kindness and help, and I am truly sorry we went round in so many circles when the issue all the time was one that should have been resolved in a far more timely fashion by the mailing service.

Thank you
KB

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...