I went back to check the PHP settings on the main k...….a,com domain and it is set at PHP 7.0.xxxx
I have just used Plesk to changed it to 7.6.4.
I am going to assume (since the uploads take so long) that simply deleting and then reuploading only the install_pm and admin_pm folders will be sufficient.
I am also going to install and let the system reference and create a brand new database so there are no issues …
I am then going to work on the basis (after initial testing) that it will be OK to enter any Connections folder and change the database details to the one that has all my required info in).
I will try a new install, and report back..