I have now tried this twice on my primary domain (i.e. did NOT try on my new project domain, maybe tomorrow).
I dled PowerMessenger and cleared out the directory to put it in on my main domain of www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/sisya.
I then uploaded using Dreamweaver.
On the first occasion I got the Intro Page to the Installer. This still said
"Step 1 powermessenger 1 installation wizart"
on the first screen, which made my heart sink a bit as you said you had corrected it.
I in any case proceeded and put in the serial number, passing all tests.
And then … failure to install arising at the page whose URL is:
I again got a 500 error.
I deleted the whole directory on the server … every file to do with PowerMessenger in that location.
I then uploaded a second time (I did not return to my account download page to get a fresh download file since your email in the other thread told me that it was already updated).
This time, I did not get the initial installation screen. Instead, as soon as I put in the URL for install_pm, the page went straight, to the database.php page, and hung.
I still have the original install on that server at www.xxxxx.powermessenger_php7/
I am tired now and need some sleep. Perhaps you will let me know tomorrow if I can use that to test the sending functions you say you have fixed, because I would urgenltly like to send a newsletter to my pupils. End of the month is approaching.
Credentials you need are in the private area.