close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

usage issues

Thread began 5/23/2020 6:56 pm by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 6/18/2020 12:14 pm by yogastudents362523 | 350 views | 71 replies

yogastudents362523

INSTALLATION FAILURE

Hello,

I have now tried this twice on my primary domain (i.e. did NOT try on my new project domain, maybe tomorrow).

I dled PowerMessenger and cleared out the directory to put it in on my main domain of www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/sisya.

I then uploaded using Dreamweaver.

On the first occasion I got the Intro Page to the Installer. This still said
"Step 1 powermessenger 1 installation wizart"
on the first screen, which made my heart sink a bit as you said you had corrected it.

I in any case proceeded and put in the serial number, passing all tests.

And then … failure to install arising at the page whose URL is:
https://www.xxxx.com/sisya/install_pm/database.php

I again got a 500 error.

I deleted the whole directory on the server … every file to do with PowerMessenger in that location.
I then uploaded a second time (I did not return to my account download page to get a fresh download file since your email in the other thread told me that it was already updated).

This time, I did not get the initial installation screen. Instead, as soon as I put in the URL for install_pm, the page went straight, to the database.php page, and hung.

I still have the original install on that server at www.xxxxx.powermessenger_php7/

I am tired now and need some sleep. Perhaps you will let me know tomorrow if I can use that to test the sending functions you say you have fixed, because I would urgenltly like to send a newsletter to my pupils. End of the month is approaching.

Credentials you need are in the private area.

Thank you,
KB

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...