I downloaded and installed.
(b) INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN ZIP FILE AND INSTALLER
------ I removed the version number from the installer entirely
The very first page still says that it is Version 1.
All other pages are, as you say, without a version number.
I safely entered the back admin, and entered a user.
I confirm that the port number exists, but have so far not tested email functionality … because …
When I went to add a second user through the registration page and link, I ran into a further 505 error at the location in the private area underneath.
I will wait for this to be corrected before doing any further testing.
But I am happy to report that the Installation itself went beautifully, and with zero errors (apart from the entirely cosmetic Version 1 on the first page)