View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

fed up with not enough info to help newbies

Thread began 9/27/2009 4:40 pm by terry211640 | Last modified 10/15/2009 5:17 am by terry211640 | 6627 views | 55 replies

esmsBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Office Guy-172461
  I don't work for WA either. The difference is I took advantage of the resources WA offers in the form of documentation, solution recipes, and support forums instead of whining that nobody will help.  

Please read through what was actually written. If you're thinking of another forum member please accept my apologies, but if you are refering to me, where did I say 'nobody will help'?

I simply pointed out that the help offered (i.e. read through the pdf's) wasn't really as helpful as was obviously intended. This is exactly the point that is being made over and over again. The advert movie strongly implies (and I implore you to watch it to see what we're getting at) that there is no hassle whatsoever. I fully understand (now that the product has been purchased) that I should now learn php / mysql / databases etc. This is no problem. I will take the time to do it, BUT that is not what the advert suggests!

To repeat, I can't for the life of me figure out why it doesn't say this in the advert movies. Can you think of a reason?

As 'neilo' precisely and eloquently put it 'to be fair to esms, a point that keeps being made all over this forum - and subsequently ignored by anybody with a WA connection - is that the promotional material for WA products does rather down-play the skill level required to make the extensions work to the level as hinted at in the overview and features pages.'

Everyone has a different method of learning and WA provides, PDFs, Help files, Videos, Sample pages, and forum support to help people learn not only their products but web design in general.  

Precisely. That is why I have stated I would PAY for complete movie tutorial guides to the process of setting up their specific programs - not just overview movies about generic products. I'm not asking for something for nothing!!! I will pay. This is in addition to the cost of the program - I don't mind. I have an open mind and willing to learn.

Criticism can be helpful when based on fact. Your claim that people only say "read the PDFs" is totally bogus. Your link to your previous thread shows Jason trying in vain to get you to follow the instructions on setting up your store. Expecting to have PowerStore come pre-configured for whatever hosting company you might be using, with an ecommerce database already in place, with your username and passwords in place is just bazaar. You are not going to get anywhere until you follow the most basic instructions that Jason was giving you.  

The irony! You now argue for me rather than against me. The 'basic instructions' you refer to were, in essence, have I correctly set up the database / php / mysql side of things. If not, read the pdf's. Now you can see the irony of what you say.

Believe me, this isn't a criticism of Jason. Far from it, he was only assuming I knew all the complicated steps required. But, because I didn't, then it was suggested I follow the instructions in the pdf's. Can you see a pattern now?

Anyway, you seem to have taken this as a personal attack against you for some reason. Let me apologise for having an opinion. Gosh, don't take it personally. I simply added my opinion (based on recent experience) to another thread. You do seem to have confused me with the person who started this thread and similar threads.

And there's not a sane person in the world who could argue against that. I await your response!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...