Success - EVERYTHING works now!
First of all, a major THANK YOU for sticking with me to get the Security Assist login suite to work!!
To fix... I took down the entire SeenIX site and re-wrote/regenerated the login suite in Dreamweaver (PineGrow does not have a DbMS). Copied the DWCS6 code into my PG pages, like I did earlier - except to save the updateuser page ONLY in DWCS6 so PG wouldn't corrupt the value=" " settings. I removed and regenerated the SeenIX MySQL database and re-uploaded to make sure all the fields were in sync. I reset my entire account with my host provider (which clears out EVERYTHING) and re-installed the website, database, and my user account.
I went to the SeenIX site and re-registered, tested the forgotpassword & got the email, tested the updateuser, and logged in - - everything now seems to work perfectly. WHEW!
The culprit is PineGrow which has a bug that corrupts certain value settings (They're working on a bug correction - PG should NEVER alter any of the page's code unless the user deliberately does).