View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

concat firstname and lastname in child table

Thread began 9/26/2009 8:18 pm by jenkolaka19379118 | Last modified 1/27/2010 4:26 pm by jenkolaka19379118 | 5003 views | 14 replies

jenkolaka19379118

Can't make sense of any of this???

My page1 has my dynamic dropdown and all recordsets I need to get the dynamic lists to work.

recordset(child)
recordset(parent)
create dynamic array(child)
dynamic list/menu(parentlist)  

because i want to spread the process accross 2 pages I have only put the dynamic list on page 1, in a form named form 1.

I then create page2 which has a form called form 2. form2 will have a text area for the content if the email and a text field for the title of the email. I created a new recordset for this page SELECT * FROM people which selects all records from my people table. I have tried to apply da search to this however it cannot pick up the values from page1 e.g. the target list. Do I need to copy the recordets from page1 to page 2? Because if I do this the dynamic dropdowns will not work without their recordsets.

when a user creates their target list and clicks submit, i want the ids of the recipients to be in a hidden field on page 2. Then on page 2, which holds form2 the user will then create the contents of the email and click submit. This is the final stage the email will be sent to all the users in the target list.

MY CONFUSION?

based on all the info I have given you would you be able to tell me exactly what recordsets, server behaviours, hidden fields would be on each page e.g.

Page1, form1 = the dynamic lists

recordset(child)
recordset(parent)
create dynamic array(child)
dynamic list/menu(parentlist)
?????  

page2, form2 = the email page

da search server behaviour
universal email
recordset(?????)
hidden field(target list)
?????????  

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...