Firstly I thought I'd try this on a site that I've built rather than your Demo. It gave the "faulty" result that gruant refers to.
I then replaced the "editor" folder, as described in the other thread you referred to, with fckeditor 2.6.5
I then opened DW CS4 (and that's ALL I did) tried it on my localhost (WampServer2. PHP v5.2.9) This worked fine :). So thinking I'd cracked it I uploaded the editor folder in the iRite folder of my site to the remote server which, incidentally is also running PHP 5.2.9. On testing, it gave the "faulty" result (it didn't solve the problem). I then opened the update page in my DW and opened the iRite editor. I just click OK to the wizard without making any changes. This necessitated the update page being saved. I then uploaded the entire iRite folder and the update page to the remote server. I shut down IE8 and reopened it. Logged into the CMS and opened the update page. When I tried to insert a table I still got the same "faulty" result as gruant explained.
This isn't particularly a problem to me as I know my client uses a Mac with FireFox but it may affect a future client. Plus, of course, there must be others who may potentially have this problem but just haven't come across it yet.