close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Future plans

Thread began 9/21/2015 11:02 am by Nico | Last modified 1/31/2018 12:21 pm by Nico | 10181 views | 189 replies

Solis Web Design And Hosting

Originally Said By: Steve
  Send him a donation if you feel so strongly about infusing $$s to save WA.

The update will be a paid update which is why we're not seeing any more incremental updates.

The SaaS model is only good if there are frequent updates of value. And as a Consumer, you really don't have the perspective to comment on what someone else has planned in this regard.

Personally, I don't need much more than updates that make sure Security of functions and Queries are in place. Basic CRUD page features and not much more.

I would scrub off all the Design elements as they are outdated and not dynamic enough to keep up with the current landscape for Developers.
Improve what you excel in which is the MySQLi extension.
Improve the Query Editor (make it resize rather than work in a fixed viewport) and make it work with all the MySQL options.
Stick to what is of value in the Extensions and your guaranteed a captive audience.
If necessary, poll your current customer base to confirm which extensions are really being used and which are distractions.

As a Developer, I don't need a lot to stay a Customer. SaaS is far from a good idea when viewed in context.  

I would buy the company and change the model from this outdated model that you think it's better than WebAssist making no money at all so why would i need to donate i'm suggesting a model that will make WebAssist money today not tomorrow and save his base but you seem satisfied with the idea that it's better to get an update when ever it comes when and if it comes even though once they are here i assure you it will not be free not even for you his base and argue to keeping WebAssist in the stone ages

I'm sure your idea in your head seems better which is wait and wait to see what happens so in order for me to donate i would donate to the ownership of this company and make it a money maker by changing the model that every other company on the planet is changing too...

Adobe changed their model to save themselves unless some of you don't remember Micromedia Freehand which was an amazing program which disappeared and also unless some don't remember Quarkexpress or pagemaker but in the mean time Microsoft has also changed to subscription based...others to be mentioned are Plesk and cpanel....all subscription based so unless your blind you can be uniquely different and suffer the same fate as Freehand, Quarkexpress and Pagemaker which are no longer here or sync with the top players

All these software are now none exciting

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...