close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Future plans

Thread began 9/21/2015 11:02 am by Nico | Last modified 1/31/2018 12:21 pm by Nico | 9488 views | 189 replies

Solis Web Design And Hosting

without any incentives it would be very difficult for someone to maintain the type of momentum that is necessary to main and update these extension and the days will simply pass and the decision to work on these extensions would weigh on anyone ..

I would suggest an incentive based system for Ray and WebAssist moving forward..

When a post is posted on this site i see many users come to see the post to see if there is something happening which mean that there are many loyal followers to the WebAssist extensions.

I would suggest to Ray that instead of trying to sell the extensions individually the best case is to sell a prescription for a monthly like 20.00 a month so that Ray can maintain his momentum..

So for example if Ray was to charge all access to all his extensions for 20.00 a month and he was to round up 1000 loyal fans or even just 500 loyal fans that would pay 20.00 a month he could easily generate at 500 users a monthly revenue stream of 10,000 per month and that would be enough to peak Ray's interest to dedicate more time to these extensions.

I think that this monthly model will quickly become popular because the out of pocket cost to have all access to every extension here is a nominal cost compared to the value that developers get from these extensions and how they save time.

Just in the first month where we stand right now if the model was implemented this would give Ray immediate revenue and change his focus from a labor of love model to a revenue making model and i assure you that Ray would race thru all the modifications to better these extensions..

This is the primary reason Adobe themselves changed their model from the cost of ownership from the one time cost model to a monthly subscription because they figured out that they their revenue was based on them creating updates to their software and that at some point people would not need to always update because the one software was doing the job so they decided that they can control their income better by having users pay every month even if they did not deliver any updates on any given month..

Think about it Ray

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...