close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

The latest Dremweaver update breaks Bindings and Database Connectivity

Thread began 4/27/2017 4:33 pm by Ray Borduin | Last modified 2/21/2018 1:10 pm by Ray Borduin | 186866 views | 166 replies

Dimi

Hello everyone

I´m using Dreamweaver 2018, I think it´s the latest build from october.
I have an active wordpress website running under PHP 7.0. One week ago I started to setup a local test environment with xampp, to edit my website on my windows machine.
I have huge problems to achieve this goal because it´s not possible to get all the php content visible and working.
After searching hours for a solution in google, I came across the Adobe forums and read more than once that I would need a Dreamweaver extension to establish a database connection for the current PHP version, which for me sounds very weird..
I continued my search and found WebAssist and decided to buy MySQLi Server Behaviors.
I must admit that I am no web designer or developer and I have no idea it this extension will help me but I really hope so!

So I bought MySQLI Server Behaviors yesterday and installed it.
This was very hard to do and the installation failed several times.
First I tried Adobe´s extension manager without any success. Installing the extension with the cmd prompt failed as well.
After hours of search, I finally found zxpinstaller and could install the extension.
In the MyAccount area of WebAssist there are only very old and outdated tutorials and information about installing the plugins with the current Dreamweaver versions, which makes the life of new customers very very hard!!

I opened DW, found the WebAssist tab and created a new database for my site template but I couldn´t access it in the database panel.
Then I created another one with the same result. You can´t imagine my frustration after spending a big amount of money (for me it is a lot...) only to see that I still can´t get my site running, even with this new recommended extension.
I decided to create a support ticket and then I saw this forum notice at the top of the site.

After starting reading from the first post to, I don´t know how many this thread has.. I jumped to the last one and I´m still no able to get the information I want:

- Is MySQLi Server Behaviors working with the latest Dreamweaver build?
- The title of the link to this thread is: INSTALL THE LATEST UPDATES TO WORK WITH CC 2017 AND CC 2018
But WHERE are these updates? I can´t find anything in my download section expect the installer files.

I would kindly ask the OP to do the following:

please keep your thread up to date by posting every relevant information and version history in the very first post!
You cannot imagine how hard it is for a new customer to go through all the hundred posts and read all the comments just to find out if there is a fix, where to find it, what is the current status..

Thanks
Dimi

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...