close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

contact form - not reaching destination when Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo address submitted?

Thread began 3/27/2017 12:31 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 8/30/2017 5:40 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | 324 views | 24 replies

Nathon Jones Web Design

Hi Ray. When you say you've updated our mail library, do you mean you've updated one of the PHP files within the webassist/email directory? If so, which one/s?

I ran the test with mail-tester.com and our host, Fasthosts, pretty much rubbished every error it highlighted. This was their response...

"The website you have used has picked up these 'problems' but if any of these were indeed an issue, our test emails would not have been successful. If any of the 'problems' stated in this test you have run were indeed responsible for your email not sending, a bounceback email would have been received highlighting this all.

1. X_PRIORITY header are standard in a variety of different messages including Microsoft themselves.
2. The SPF record does not work via the server, it works through the domain name itself in this case.
3. Fasthosts do not support DKIM as an SPF works as an alternative.
4. An MX Record is not necessary in this instance as you are not using an external mailserver.
5. An A Record is not necessary in this instance as you are not using an external mailserver.
6. If this is blacklisted in Backscatterer, there is unfortunately nothing we can do about this as this blacklist is fully automated."

Looking at the files on the website you've looked at for us, have you changed the script? I can no longer see my own e-mail address in the Bcc field and that was, previously, there.

Also, when I open the Create E-mail Message (Universal E-mail) wizard, it now says, in the To field:
"<ADVANCED SETTING, USE THE BUTTON TO THE LEFT FOR EDITING>

I'm concerned that any changes I make are going to wipe what you've done and we'll be back to square one.
Hope you can get back to me pretty quickly as this form is now pointing at, well, I don't know exactly but if it's not to the client's e-mail address then they're going to be losing enquiries.

Hope to hear from you. Thank you.
NJ

PS. Can you also please clarify how far this issue reaches? Will we have to update the mail library (PHP file?) on every site that uses a WebAssist form script? <gulps> More worrying a question is, how long has this issue existed and am I right in assuming that it's likely that none of our clients, those with forms anyway, have ever received a form submission from people with Yahoo, Hotmail or AOL e-mail addresses? <double gulp> :(

This is surely something that you need to point out to other WebAssist customers?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...