It was the lack of the Database and Server Behavior that was at issue. Once again, the Adobe DW developers deleted a critical component in CC 2017. Now there isn't even a DisabledFeatures folder in the Configuration folder. I found a site that sent me to the DMX site to download their extension, Enable Server Behaviors and Data Bindings Panel Support for Dreamweaver CC+, through their Extension Manager. Once done, I restarted DW and can now connect to the site's server.
Why do the DW developers think they know what we do or don't need in DW. They are forever removing critical pieces with each upgrade.