CC2017, latest version of DataBridge. I was adding it to an existing site, one that is quite large. I have killed and deleted the site after saving the parts for later restore. I had not applied any rules earlier.I am going to start a new site and will start with the registration system first and saee what happens in the process. I will report on it.
I did a restore of the system drive from an image of a Windows 10 install (I was using Windows 7). It works perfectly in that. I will see how it is after I install all the CC updates, but at this point I an certain that the issue was not connected to Dreamweaver of the extensions. It was obviously a Windows issue. Now I will have to decide whether I want to stay with Win 10 or do a reinstall of Win 7 from scratch. I will report shortly.