View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Security Assist database file

Thread began 9/30/2009 9:17 pm by madelectrical386948 | Last modified 4/07/2011 11:23 am by madelectrical386948 | 6541 views | 38 replies

I don't know if you are being deliberately obtuse, or are just completely out of touch with the support system for your own products. Do you read any of the support files? Do you watch the support videos? Despite many complaints on many threads regarding WebAssist's inability to judge the level of assistance and clarity required for those with limited technical experience - the very people your are marketing to and extracting money from - you are incapable of stepping back to ask yourself if there is anything that you actually are getting wrong, anything that you actually could put right.

It's difficult to imagine how the WebAssist support on this thread could have been less helpful. I wouldn't have posted a link if any of you guys were doing your jobs correctly.

Have you read this thread? Have you tried to understand it?

A customer who has paid for an extension (not cheap) has pointed out that a required table is referenced in a tutorial
The required table doesn't exist
WebAssist 'Community Expert' says it is located in Security Assist Solution Recipe Files
It isn't - at least not one a user can identify
I try to help with a solution
WebAssist 'Community Expert' again tells customer to go to a place where the required information APPARENTLY is not.
Customer says "The database doesn't have the user field, but the php files do not look like the video files. Different applications."
I try to help with a solution
You post back with a suggestion - presumably only because I posted a link to the User Registration Solution Pack - "You can use the Blue Sky Music database which contains a visitors table to use." (The customer is already using the Blue Sky Music database - but you would have known that if you'd actually read the thread and been interested in helping)

I doubt you're getting any of this, but that's the whole problem.

When I'm looking at a tutorial that refers to the 'users' table - I expect there to be a 'users table' - yes, I'm that inexperienced, and take things that literally. Maybe I'm the only one.

With respect, what could have happened is this:

You could have responded to the original enquiry (having bothered to check things out and follow things through) and posted:

"I'm sorry for the confusion, we made a mistake. We'll rectify it for future customers. In the meantime, here is the file/amended database/correct information/alternative solution that you require" Regards, Jason.

Or some 'Community Expert' could have simply said "sorry, there is a mistake in the video/documentation. But it should be fine to use the visitors table in the blue_sky_music.sql" - and listed any modifications (if any) need to be made.

Seriously, you guys need to re-examine your priorities, motivations and people skills.

You guys, your attitude to your customers, your inability to guage the relationship between your marketing and your support would be going to hell in a handcart. But I doubt you'd get the Cart to work.

Simply put, it you market things as easy to use, then make them easy to use. Otherwise, follow this thread showthread.php?t=4839&page=2 (Post #17 onwards) to its conclusion, and for the love of God, act upon it.

Neil H

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Ease of use

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...