Hi Ray, ok nested recordsets, I think I had used that method in an old project, is that where you would place a recordset in the main body code inside a while do loop? or is this something different? With the support ticket I am hoping for the following:
(1) Get the navigation to work how I want it (so if a customer clicks on the parent link it will display all products that's associated with the parent category.
(2) If a parent category has child then on mouse hover the customer can navigate to the page showing all products associated with that particular sub-category (child).
(3) Help with the actual category listing page which displays results from linking table (from your advice a while back).
(4) In the admin I have separated parent categories from child categories so that the client can create a new top level category (obviously they are limited on the number of top level categories displaying at any one time due to the width of the website. But I will explain to the client the physical limitation of displaying too many top level categories at the same time :)
(1) From your advice a while back I am now storing parent AND child categories within one table.
(2) From your advice I have created a new table (called catalog) which only stores productID and categoryID (I am storing a 3rd field for ParentCategoryID but this may not be needed).
(3) I am also storing the parentCategoryID in the products table (but I guess this isn't needed).
I also want to seek advice on a good approach in the admin to allow my client to associated products with categories (or even vice versa). I have set something up, but wondering if there is an easier approach (my client isnt the best at computers so want to keep the process as simple as possible. Maybe if I send you the link to the admin and if you see the process/logic on associating products to categories then maybe you can give me some advice on best practice.