close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

UPS Settings - does this work in the UK?

Thread began 8/10/2015 7:17 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 9/03/2015 2:09 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | 2939 views | 42 replies

Nathon Jones Web Design

Ray, can you confirm/provide the following for us:

1) List of "CarrierCode" 's?
2) What "PickupType" is?
3) What "CustomerClass" is?

On our confirm_cart.php we have the following:

$Shipping_Parameters["CarrierCode"] = "".(($Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoCountry"]=="GB")?"11":"07")  ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["PickupType"] = "01";
$Shipping_Parameters["CustomerClass"] = "none";

UPS, via telephone, have told us that they don't support third-party applications and if there's a problem then they can't help us despite us re-iterating that the issue is with the response from UPS not with the application we're using (eCart).

Re-testing again today we set up an order in eCart on our site for a 1.16kg bottle from DG87EN to DG86AF. This is a distance of some 6 miles.
eCart returns the standard £25.15 rate from UPS.
When we log in to our client's UPS account it gives us two options of £13.38 and £9.20 which is much more realistic.

Checking the UPS Developer Kit it states the following:

1. Implement: Review the requirements for each API carefully at the UPS Developer Kit page at ups.com (see link below). Download the Software Developer Kit (SDK) and carefully review the entire Developer Guide for the API you will integrate. The Developer Kit also includes sample code and WSDLs. Once you have reviewed the kit, you should request access to the UPS test environment. Most APIs provide immediate access to both test and production environments. However, the following APIs require a second request to activate production access: Address Validation Street Level, Locator, Pickup, Rating (LTL Freight only), and Shipping.

2.Test: UPS provides a testing environment that is accessible with an Access Key for all APIs. This will allow you to simulate live request and response messaging to ensure you have properly formatted your XML or Web Service requests.

3.Move to Production: Once files have been submitted and approved by the UPS certification team, production access is granted. The e-mail address for submitting files is included within the most current Developer Guide.

4.Get Technical Support: You can obtain e-mail support at ups.com at any time. Attach a file with your e-mail support request that includes your XML request/response messages and errors. First level Technical Support will respond the next day (this excludes U.S. holidays). If your problem log is escalated to third-level Technical Support, you will get a response by the next business day (excluding U.S. holidays). For general questions, you can download the Knowledge Base file by selecting the link below. This resource contains answers to hundreds of questions about the APIs. Finally, if your issue is urgent and you need immediate assistance, you can call the first-level Technical Support desk in the U.S. at 800-247-9035.

Are we stuck in a test mode and need to make a request to UPS? If so, what files do we need to send them for approval or has this already been done by WebAssist when creating the UPS integration as part of the eCart product?

We found this forum post on UPS which, at the end, suggests that we need to move to production mode in order to see our actual negotiated rates:
https://developerkitcommunity.ups.com/index.php/Special:AWCforum/st/id117/How_do_I_enable_Account_Based_or....html

In item 4 above though it states..."Attach a file with your e-mail support request that includes your XML request/response messages and errors.". Can you clarify how I do that Ray, so I can send UPS the relevant files? Is this to do with the test.php file I'd put up or do I need to uncomment the var_dump line in the Protx_VSPForm.php file, run another test and then...what...copy and paste the View Source?

Failing all of this...how do I attach our own Shipping rates to correspond with the Country drop down selection made by the customer on the checkout.php page? I'll need to put something in place until we sort out what's going wrong with UPS.

Thank you.
NJ

EDIT:
When I've logged in to the client's UPS account it returns £13.38 (UPS Express) and £9.20 (UPS Standard) for my test shipment. However, when I'm logged out of the client's UPS account then the UPS website quotes £57.66 and £32.75 for the same delivery. eCart., however, returns £25.15.

Where, then, is eCart getting £25.15 from? I'm not convinced that we're passing all of the correct details to UPS, however I do suspect that UPS is at fault too. I'd be interested to know, and to be able to test, the different CarrierCode, PickupType and CustomerClass codes as they may produce different results.

Checking that forum post I've linked to, above, do we have this in place in eCart?:
3. The empty node <NegotiatedRatesIndicator/> must be included in the RatingServiceSelectionRequest/Shipment/RateInformation container. The RateInformation container may need to be added as well.

Thanks Ray.
NJ

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...