close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

UPS Settings - does this work in the UK?

Thread began 8/10/2015 7:17 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 9/03/2015 2:09 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | 3157 views | 42 replies

Nathon Jones Web Design

Museum für Naturkunde
Invalidenstraße 43
10115 Berlin
Germany

+49 30 20938591

Here's another address in the UK. UPS is calculating the price to be the same, £25.15, to deliver to London (some 400+ miles) as it is to deliver to me (6 miles). Something is definitely wrong. No matter where you choose in the UK the charge is £25.15. :(

Science Museum
Exhibition Rd
London
England
SW7 2DD
UK

Also, I submitted a test order to my own home address, which I provided in an earlier post above, and whilst the order was processed correctly in the Sage Pay test environment when I returned to the website the £25.15 shipping charge remained in the cart. Shouldn't that value be 'killed' once an order has been processed?

Checking with the client, they have a UPS account which they log in to. Within this they can create a shipping itinerary from their business address to clients in their Address Book. They also have to specify the dimensions of the package, value and there is also an option to select to have a signature received on delivery.

One thing I did notice was that my client's UPS account did not allow me to enter a postcode with a space. So, for example, I was trying to submit my own postcode DG8 6AF but it would only allow it if I entered it as DG86AF. Does eCart take this into account? UK users will most definitely leave the space in and I wondered if that was why it wasn't calculating the correct amount.

As it turned out, it offered me two prices of £14.40 and £10.22 for delivery to my address, well below the £25.15 that it's quoting via eCart.

I'm therefore not convinced that eCart is passing the correct information to UPS.

Thanks for your help with this.
NJ

EDIT: On line 78 of my confirm_cart.php I noticed that the ShipperZip was listed as DG8 7EN (with a space) so I manually removed the space and re-uploaded. I also removed the space in my test delivery address zip code field, although we can't rely on customers doing that obviously but I thought I should for testing purposes. Now it wants to charge £27.12 for the delivery! It's also still not charging any shipping for Germany. :(

That will teach me for trying to be clever!

Here is that full section. Perhaps you'll spot something obvious:

<?php
if ($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") {
//WA eCart (Copyright 2007, WebAssist)
//WA eCart UPS Shipping - UPS
$Shipping_SuccessURL = "";
$Shipping_FailureURL = "";
$Shipping_Packaging = 0;
$Shipping_PackageArray = array();
$Shipping_PackageIndex = 0;
$Shipping_Counter = 0;
$Shipping_Parameters = array();
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoCountry"] = "".((isset($_POST["Country_2"]))?$_POST["Country_2"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoState"] = "".((isset($_POST["State_2"]))?$_POST["State_2"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoCity"] = "".((isset($_POST["City_2"]))?$_POST["City_2"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoZip"] = "".((isset($_POST["Postal_Code_2"]))?$_POST["Postal_Code_2"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["UserID"] = "[ouruserid]";
$Shipping_Parameters["Password"] = "[ourpassword]";
$Shipping_Parameters["AccessKey"] = "[ouraccesskey]";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperNumber"] = "[ouraccountid]";
$Shipping_Parameters["CarrierCode"] = "03";
$Shipping_Parameters["PickupType"] = "01";
$Shipping_Parameters["CustomerClass"] = "none";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperCountry"] = "GB";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperCity"] = "Creetown";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperState"] = "none";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperZip"] = "DG87EN";
while (($Shipping_Packaging == 1 && !$whiskyCART->EOF()) || ($Shipping_Packaging == 0 && $Shipping_Counter == 0)) {
if (WA_eCart_UPS_IsTrueValue("true")) {
$Shipping_PackageArray[] = array();
$Shipping_PackageIndex = sizeof($Shipping_PackageArray)-1;
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["eCart_Quantity"] = (($Shipping_Packaging == 1)?$whiskyCART->DisplayInfo("Quantity"):1);
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["IsPackage"] = "true";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["Quantity"] = "".WA_eCart_FormatNumber($whiskyCART->DisplayInfo('Quantity'), true, 1) ."";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "".strtoupper($whiskyCART->WeightSuffix)."S" ."";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageWeight"] = "".WA_eCart_FormatNumber($whiskyCART->TotalColumn('TotalWeight'), true, 1) ."";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageType"] = "02";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["SizeUnits"] = "CM";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageLength"] = "12";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageWidth"] = "12";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageHeight"] = "12";
//Special Services
}
$Shipping_Counter++;
if ($Shipping_Packaging == 1) $whiskyCART->MoveNext();
}
if ($Shipping_Packaging == 1) $whiskyCART->MoveFirst();
$Shipping_Result = WA_eCart_UPS_GetRateQuote($whiskyCART, $Shipping_Parameters, $Shipping_PackageArray);
if ($Shipping_Result && $Shipping_SuccessURL != "")
$whiskyCART->redirStr = $Shipping_SuccessURL;
else if (!$Shipping_Result && $Shipping_FailureURL != "") {
Header("Location: " . $Shipping_FailureURL); exit;
}
}
else if (!isset($_SESSION["whiskyCART_UPS_Success"])) {
WA_eCart_UPS_SetSessionDefaults($whiskyCART);
}
?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...