close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Don't Install the latest DW CC 2015 Update

Thread began 6/16/2015 5:37 pm by Ray Borduin | Last modified 9/28/2015 1:12 pm by Ray Borduin | 15001 views | 119 replies

bodhisattva2

Ray and others... after my problem with the re-install of everything, I found that two of my computers were installed fine, and two, no matter what I did would not add Dreamweaver CC 2015 to the panel. I tried dozens of tries, etc. In a last effort I called Adobe, and had my case escalated to a senior member of the Dreamweaver team. After 2-3 escalations of the call I spoke to a person who stated that Adobe was completely doing away with the extension manager. Current updates to the software will now prohibit it from showing up in the extension manager, and the ability to even download the EM will soon go away. He stated that in the cases where it is currently working, that there must be fragment files in the users system where it is working that is allowing it to happen. He assured me that in the near future as the CC 2015 apps update, all connectivity to the extension manager will cease to work. So basically, if you have it installed now you should be good, but if you need to do a complete reinstall, or a new install of CC 2015, your extensions will no longer work with Extension Manager. He said support for CS6 Extension manager will remain functional.

That being said.. he walked me through the work around using the command-line to install the extensions. He said at this point, that was my best and only option for installing. He said this method would continue to work in the future, and soon be the only way to install third-party extensions (other than those that participate in the add-on program on their site).

The link he gave (and then walked me through installation with) is here : https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/installingextensionsandaddons.html

It is worth noting.. he had me completely uninstall the extension manager CC before using the command line tool. Not sure if it would affect the install if it was still there, but worth mentioning so that if anyone else chooses to install this way. He mentioned that I need to uninstall the extension manager on all machines where I'm using the extensions (even the ones which are working fine through EM) and reinstall using the command-line method. He stated that as the apps update soon, use of them though the Extension Manager may cause them to fail later. So just followed the instructions and seems to be fine now.

After working on this for 4-5 hours last night, and half my day today.. pleased to say with a new install of CC2015, and a fresh download of the WA extensions, this method worked perfectly for me. All is up and running when no other solution (other than the MX) seemed to be possible for me.

Ray.. might be a sign that eventually you all have to set up the installers to work outside the EM now.. according to Adobe, the current luck a few have had will soon stop working.

Thought I'd share.. hope it helps. I'm finally up and running and have two more systems to use the command-line method to install on.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...