View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Extension Library

Thread began 9/01/2009 1:33 am by tom92909 | Last modified 1/08/2010 1:21 pm by tom92909 | 11907 views | 131 replies

Another question

Another question regarding subscription vs. ownership.

Yes, I've read through this entire thread and many others, I just want to be perfectly clear.

1) I'm simplifing this but... If for example I have purchased CSS Sculptor 3, I get all the dot updates for free and when CSS Scuptor 4 comes out I can purchase it at the upgrade cost or... if I am a part of the subscriber program, I will get CSS Scuptor 4 as part of my monthly or annual subscription (all with everything else). However if at some point I choose to stop participating in the subscription program, my CSS Scuptor 4 stops working and I can only use CSS Sculptor 3 until I buy the upgrade?

Is this correct? Does the program just stop working?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the subscription program works. If you subscribe, you can download everything and use it for as long as you subscribe but as soon as you stop subscribing the software just stops working?

2) I live in a remote area and do not always have an Internet connection or the Internet connection can go down in the middle of working on something. If I am a Subscription user, does my computer have to access the Internet to verify that I am still a subscribed user? If so, how does this happen, just when the program initializes and then I can continue working. What happens if I'm in the middle of a project and I loose my Internet connection, will my programs still work?

3) If I subscribe for monthly and am charged the monthly subscription fee plus the initial activation fee, what happens if after 6 months I don't want to subscribe any more and then 6 months later I choose to resubscribe. Am I just charged monthly again or am I also recharged the activation fee?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Ease of use

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...