View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Can't make a MySql connection

Thread began 9/20/2009 4:41 pm by drubin312804 | Last modified 9/23/2009 1:13 pm by drubin312804 | 1825 views | 14 replies

anonymous

drubin,

I have used several MAMP installations so I may be able to help you figure this out, but I need to know some details.

Also, before we begin, I noticed you moved everything into your htdocs folder on MAMP. Just so you know, you don't have to do it this way... you could leave them in your sites folder... then just go into MAMP "preferences", select the "Apache" tab and change the document root to /Users/logicwest/Sites.

Then when you set up your testing server in Dreamweaver, you would just denote the test URL as siteFolder/ and you would be good to go (of course this is also after selecting the ports tab and clicking "set to default Apache and MySQL ports which will make your port 80 for Apache and 3306 for MySQL).

So getting back to your problem... when you fire up MAMP, does MySQL not start at all... meaning the light remains red on the MAMP interface? If you are getting a green light for both Apache and MySQL, then everything is starting fine. Then we know the problem is with the GUI and not the server. If mySQL does not start in MAMP it could mean a number of things which I will make suggestion once I hear back.

Best regards,

Brian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...