close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Where is delivery address saved? +other eCart problems relating to address details

Thread began 11/17/2014 6:18 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 11/20/2014 2:45 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | 703 views | 34 replies

Nathon Jones Web Design

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  The Initial delivery address is used for calculating the shipping estimate when shipping rate lookup through one of the shipping providers is used.  

This is only for shipping rate lookup via PayPal, is that right? Or is it shipping rate lookup in eCart?

If it's on the eCart side, does the shipping estimate change on...what? Selection from a country drop-down?
...and then it all passes to PayPal...who then completely ignore it because the user already has a delivery address stored in their PayPal account, no?

If it's a shipping rate lookup via PayPal then, again, by your accounts it doesn't matter what the user enters because PayPal ignores it anyway and uses the delivery address stored in the users PayPal account.

Also, if I remove the section of code that you've highlighted - that uses the address sent back by PayPal to populate the eCart Store Summary to Database behaviour - will the delivery address that's entered on the website be what's displayed in PayPal? That certainly isn't the case at the moment and I fail to see how that will be resolved by changing what's returned by PayPal.

I'm not following this at all Jason. Can you clarify?

If PayPal doesn't accept the delivery address information from eCart, and it certainly doesn't display that information once you get to PayPal, then what is the point of it?

EDIT: PayPal Merchant Services have responded with this:

"It is possible and to pass address that your customer have entered in your shopping cart you have to pass ADDROVERRIDE variable as ADDROVERRIDE=1, which means that address passed from your shopping cart will override one that is set in buyers paypal account."

More from PayPal:

"This parameter field should be passed in SET Express Checkout API call as ADDROVERRIDE =1, when your customers inserts all required shipping address information in your shopping cart, it will be passed to PayPal.

If ADDROVERRIDE =0 the buyers shipping address will be used that is set in his PayPal account and address that set in shopping cart will be ignored."

Can you direct me to the section in eCart that I'll need to change and how I change it please?
Thank you.
NJ

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...