close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Connection with test server question

Thread began 9/30/2014 9:56 pm by Webbie | Last modified 10/15/2014 8:25 pm by Webbie | 1937 views | 25 replies

Webbie

Thanks i appreciate it,
However i am already familiar with templates and editable regions.

When i tried to edit the index dwt to just a section of the body tag, it defaulted me into the entire body and wont let me change it because if i do the site comes apart. and i'm not sure if its the DW CC 2014 update that's throwing me here but each time i make an new region it defaults (in code view) to where DW wants the region and not where i have it selected. extremely confusing.

What i am trying to do now is start over by deleting the theme and the index.php and regroup with fresh editable regions on the index dwt. I am just going to have 3 editable regions header, content and footer which will take up pretty much the entire page (due to my default situation). And try and create the index.php page from the theme.

Now the problem i am having is turning the template i made with the 3 editable regions into a theme because the theme is displaying that i only have a footer as an editable region when in fact there are three editable regions on my template.

I also got the plug in to work on my template page by you refreshing my memory that editable region contents are not carried down from template to page.

However, the plugin was scrambled because for some reason the "head" of the plugin is not carrying through. So what im saying is that neither installing my plugin directly to the index or carrying it through from the template page is working for me. Something bigger is happening here lol

Ultimately,
I want to test the plug in directly into the index.php once it is themed, correctly.

Can you help me get to that point?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...