For now I've decided to use the static product option as it's a quicker way to get this up and running. The issue that I'm running into is when I do the checkout wizard, the site seems to get stuck on the checkout.php page. Products get added to my cart and everything like it should, but for some reason the checkout page gets stuck on entering a valid phone number. I'm not sure how much of that is working 100% though from Webassist because it's not even the same layout that I selected when doing the checkout wizard and setting up the look of the form.
I have figured out that the phone number area is MAKING you enter a phone number like (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Just entering xxxxxxxxxx will not work. When I do it the way it is currently making me enter it, and hit continue, the page just seems to stay and reload. For some reason Dreamweaver won't even let me view the preview with the split between code and design view. The design view is blank. I have not messed with this page's code to add my header and footer information yet.