close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Form works - then once I add more fields, save and re-upload - it no longer sends mail

Thread began 8/29/2014 3:03 pm by cklw883 | Last modified 9/09/2014 3:30 pm by cklw883 | 1490 views | 21 replies

cklw883

1. I did go ahead and change the 'from' email address from the dynamic one to a static one - a valid email on the englobal domain/server.
2. I guess I don't understand the random nature of this failure - it will work when I first create the form and for the first 3 or 4 times I upload the revised form with more fields and then it will just fail.
3. This time, I've been very methodical and careful to create presets for both the 'group' and the 'contents' and every time I make a save - I write over the current preset. Every time I save, I also make sure the form function tab is still set to email the form contents
4. I only have two fields required now - name and email - I'm putting in same info now as I did when the form worked so that should not be the issue - I tried not entering anything - and the red outline and message let's me know I need to add some data.
5. There was 'one' time that the form failed and first and I tried again because I wasn't sure of the image - I entered it in again and it worked.
6. I tested entering in obviously incorrect data on both the captcha and the question/answer - to test the validation since you said that was an issue - however, when I entered in wrong data - I got not no response from the page. It just said invalid=true. This seems like an error on your part, because the security group was a present that came straight out of the box from you. I clicked on the 'set' in that group and say that two different validation messages are there - but they never showed up on my page when I entered in bad answers.
7. Just to be sure it wasn't an issue with the captcha (always entering in the wrong answer) I took it out and tested again - of course it still failed.
8. current form is http://englobal.com/contact_5CEMS_analyzer_data.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...