Some support issues for my CafeCommerce Store
First off, my last post was inexplicably stamped with a posting time of 12/31/1969 7:00pm and so was put at the bottom of the forum where I'm sure nobody would find it. I'm hoping this topic is timestamped correctly.
1) Time zone. Is there a way to change the dashboard timezone setting? All the date/time values in the admin area are use Pacific time. Some of my users are unable to remember to add 2 hours to obtain US central time, where we are located.
2) Emails. When sending automated emails, such as during new customer registrations or shipping confirmations, the system wouldn't send a "name" to accompany our from address. Gmail users receive our mailings simply from "mail" and other email clients just list our email address. I want the business name to be displayed. I tried using the format: "Business Name" <email@example.com> and it worked...emails seem to reliably display the sender as Business Name in Gmail and other email systems...BUT, I receive a copy of every message to firstname.lastname@example.org. The fields for CC and BCC are empty. I should not receive copies of the automated emails.
3) Searching. Searching for orders by customer name only works when the field contains information that EXACTLY matches the order's data. So searching for a name must include first and last name, and match the case the customer used when placing the order. If I capitalize the name when the customer didn't, the search returns no results. At least make name searches case insensitive, please.
4) Customer database. Each registered customer is given a customer ID number (the first column in the Customers table). This number should be referenced within the associated order. It's an omission, I believe. If a registered customer places an order, why would there be no reference to the customers account? Further, this integration should be expanded so we can easily identify repeat customers.
5) Discounts. I copy the "Order Summary" information from the top of an order page and paste it into Word for packing slips, along with the order's "Items" table. When no discount is applicable, SOMETIMES the summary shows a discount of $-0.00 (%0.00 Savings) and I have to delete it before printing, because obviously I don't want to brag to the customer that he didn't get any discount. Sometimes the line is absent from the summary. I haven't yet found a pattern for when it shows up and when it doesn't, but maybe it can be investigated.
6) Needed Feature. Let us print packing slips!!
7) Needed Feature. Product options are great, but when we add them there must be some correlation with the product's images. Currently there is none. So regardless of what options the customer chooses, the same image (the first one added to the parent product) is displayed in all views. Even in the cart. At a minimum we should be able to connect an image to each option to be displayed in the checkout cart so the customer knows he'll be getting the right thing. Ideally, the images should automatically shift in the product's image gallery when an option is chosen; to replace the displayed image by one that represents the product's newly chosen option.
Thanks for taking the time to address these concerns.