View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Extension Library

Thread began 9/01/2009 1:33 am by tom92909 | Last modified 1/08/2010 1:21 pm by tom92909 | 12151 views | 131 replies

john384495

Ok...I was just about to give in and pay an additional $200.00 eventhough I purchased the essential suite for $479.99 on 7/14/2009 and then had to purchased CSS Form builider for $ $79.99 on 8/24/2009...knowing in the back of my mind I could upgrade if I started making some money at this. Then 7 days later they come out with this subscription thing and also now there is no upgrade for essential suite anymore.

Ok, I understand some of it...I guess. Thinking about doing the subscription and credit my $79.99 toward the purchase...but no...so now it is a guessing game on whether enough upgrades will come out to make up for the $200 fee for the next year.

So today I finally say...well maybe they are really planning on doing some good things in the future and maybe they do care in some odd way. So I put it in my cart and I go to check out and I read this in the terms of agreement...

"6. Prior Same Version License and Exchanges

If this copy of the Software is licensed as part of the Suite (as defined above), and you have a prior license to the same version of the Software, and the Suite was licensed to you with a discount based, in whole or in part, on your prior license to the same version, the Software is provided to you on a license exchange basis. You agree by your installation and use of this copy of the Software to voluntarily terminate your EULA with respect to such prior license and that you will not continue to install or use such prior license of the Software or transfer it to another person or entity.

If this copy of the Software ("New License") has been acquired via a permitted exchange (other than in connection with an upgrade) with a different type of Software license previously acquired by you ("Old License") (e.g. Education Version license for a Commercial Version license, where permitted), you must possess a valid full license to a copy of such Old License in order to install and/or use this New License, and the New License is provided to you on a license exchange basis. You agree by your installation and/or use of such copy of the New License to voluntarily terminate your earlier EULA to the Old License and uninstall, destroy and cease using the Old License. You agree to not transfer the Old License to another person or entity."

I am not sure if this apply to me since I purchased the other product as whole...but I received a discount on the activation fee so does this apply "licensed to you with a discount based".

Just wondering?

Maybe a clear understanding of what previous users will be able to do if the subscription is ended. Will we be able to open forms with new data connections with the old versions? Have not had the product long enough to know about previous versions issues.

John

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...